Rewarding Opportunities for Remarkable People
We are pursuing the best and brightest in the industry! Take the wheel of your career and learn how Altus Spine can put you on the fast-track to personal and professional success:
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Comprehensive medical and dental plan
- Employee referral bonus program
- Complimentary Wellness Program
- Tuition Assistance
- Relocation Assistance Available
Opportunities at Altus Spine
This position is for Altus Spine, an affiliateofAcero Precision.Altus Spine is a spinal instrumentation company with a focus on the design and development of implants and spine devices for all segments of spinal surgery.To learn more about Altus Spine, please visit www.Altus-Spine.com.
- ***This role is based in West Chester, PA but will require frequent travel within region. Expected to travel within 3 hour radius to customer location upon request***
- Assume role of "expert" in the configuration, availability, and use of all Altus surgical systems
- Coordinate equipment needs for scheduled surgeries
- Provide Operating Room staff coverage and training on use of surgical systems
- Pursue hospital approvals and approval updates for new product offerings
- Provide in-service training for Operating Room and Sterile Processing Department staff members
- Create basic product, sales and marketing presentations for in-service training meetings
- Act as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies, including high-level staff such as CEOs, presidents and vice presidents. Handles confidential and non-routine information and explains policies when necessary.
- Must be available 24/7 for case coverage for all staff surgeons
- Must work on-site of Altus Spine corporate office when not covering cases
- Assist with new customer onboarding, post-trial case follow-ups, and additional account management activities to support business development and marketing teams while in office
- Lead logistics process to ensure that all surgical systems are fully stocked, maintained and available for surgeries, performs set audits at a minimum of once per quarter or as requested by Altus
- BS Degree, or equivalent, or 2-3 years of equivalent experience
- Medical device experience
- 1-3 years of Operating Room experience
- 1-3 years internal sales or customer interface experience
- General administrative experience
Experience and Skills2 - 5 Years
Acero Precision, Driven to Perfection
"We are proud to be leading the countrys most talented group of engineers, machinists and craftspeople with a dedication to improving the quality of others lives." Michael Fitzgerald, President & CEO
For Acero, proud to be an American manufacturer means the newest in engineering, the best in quality, and the most dedicated, passionate and brightest in their field. If thats you we want hear from you. Read on!
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of the systems that ensure that Acero products and processes are meeting their goals for quality and improvement, in accordance with the Quality Policy and ISO - certified Quality Management System, (QMS). In order to achieve these strategic goals, the QA Manager will lead a team of Quality Assurance Roving Inspectors and Final Inspectors as well as serve as the Management Representative for the ISO 13485 QMS. The QA Manager will also communicate with Customers on quality and other issues to ensure that effective steps are taken to measure and improve customer satisfaction, and serve as principal contact for Quality Audits, surveys, and Corrective Actions.
This position requires strict confidentiality. Access to company information will not be discussed with anyone inside or outside the company.
- Work with Management to develop specific and measurable goals, improvements and standards to continuously and consistently improve quality and reduce errors.
- Act on behalf of the customer to audit and maintain the accuracy and timely delivery of products.
- Ensure that First Article Inspections, (FAIs), are performed in a timely manner throughout the day.
- Make sure that Roving Inspections are done at all work stations on a routine daily basis and results are reported back to the machinist.
- See to it that Final Inspections are done in a thorough manner and in accordance with shipping requirements and scheduling.
- Maintain ISO 9001 and 13485 Medical Device Quality Management System certifications and compliance.
- Serve as a "Good-Will Ambassador", to staff and to our customers.
- Inspect materials, products, and equipment to find defects and implement corrections. Lead by example performing FAIs and roving inspections.
- Generate Non-Conforming Reports, (NCRs), to notify employees of production errors. Make certain that those involved are trained so as to avoid a repetition of previous mistakes.
- Maintain the calibration and traceability of gages and other inspection equipment. This must be done.
- Maintain the compliance and accuracy of all data entered into Sponge.
- Control, maintain and keep an accurate inventory of all Inspection equipment.
- See to the proper, efficient and profitable use of the CMM.
- Ensure the accuracy, thoroughness and validity of Sponge Control Plans.
- Serve as a "help desk" to all shop employees.
- Lead by example in all activities that relate to Quality Control and its effective implementation.
- Manage and supervise a team of Quality Control Technicians, Roving Inspectors, Final Inspectors and a Corporate Trainer to continuously maintain and improve product quality, throughput, documentation and employee skills.
- Assist employees with the interpretation of blue prints and with the analysis of parts according to those prints.
- Notify employees of quality related errors and how they can be corrected.
- Provide guidance and direction to subordinates, including monitoring performance and setting performance standards.
- Make sure that machinists keep their stations clean, organized and in compliance with Acero policies.
- Observe work, and monitor measurements, Sponge data, and other indicators to insure operators comply with processing standards.
- Assist the Plant Manager in planning and establishing work schedules and assignments to meet production goals.
- Recommend and implement measures to motivate employees in order to improve product quality consistency and throughput.
- Ensure that the QA Staff has completed all open FAI requests by 730 AM each morning.
- Train new employees on the Sponge System.
- Train new employees on the efficient and proper use of inspection tools and machines, including but not limited to, calipers, gauges, micrometers, and comparators.
- Guide new employees through the inspection process.
- Initiate Quality related SOPs, SOP training and make sure that these procedures are properly followed.
- Be an expert at the CAPA process determine root cause and preventative actions and document.
- Train each Employee after an NCR and CAPA face to face - document the training.
- Ensure that there are no open NCRs or Trainings that are older than 5 days from initiation.
- BS Engineering or related discipline, or ASQ Certification, or equivalent experience.
- Expert knowledge of ISO 13485 (2016) and ISO 9001 (2015).
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control practices.
** Preferred **
- Ten Years Quality experience in a precision CNC machining environment.
It is the policy of Acero Precision not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of Acero Precision to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.
Principals only. Recruiters please do not reply to Acero job posts. All applications and/or contact information submitted are kept on file and are the property of Acero Precision.